diary-of-a-tongue-piercing

A daily journal on the healing process of my tongue piercing.

How old is too old to get your tongue pierced?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 6

Day 6: The last few days have been much the same as the first three. Only today has the pain has subsided somewhat, and the swelling has gone down a bit. The only pain I feel now is a soreness where the top ball of the barbell is resting on my tongue. It is sort of rubbing my tongue raw in that area. Pretty uncomfortable. I assume it will grow callous or something. The swelling in localized now, just around the actual piercing. I've also noticed that as the swelling has subsided, the bottom of the barbell is pushing into the bottom of my mouth, under my tongue. It doesn't hurt, but is a bit uncomfortable. I can't wait to get a shorter barbell!

The wound is leaking a white substance, not very fluid, more like pieces of membrane. (All of the aftercare websites say this is blood plasma, lymph, and dead cells. Yuck!) I just rinse it away several times a day.

My sense of taste has returned, too, as has my appetite. I'm making up for lost calories!

I also ordered my first replacement jewelry today. Photobucket
I got one in black and one in surgical steel.

No comments:

About Me

I have 3 kids, 9, 14, and 16. I have 4 dogs, 2 parrots, 12 tarantulas, one black widow, two rats, two fish and a cat. I teach my children at home. I'm an artist and an amateur astronomer.